Land Tax 2020
Article 265 of the Tax Code of Ukraine contains a list of property taxes, which consists of real estate tax (other than a land plot), transport tax, and land charges.
So, land tax payers are owners of land plots, land shares (units) and land users (Article 269 of the Tax Code of Ukraine).
Land tax is charged on:
- land plots owned or used;
- owned land shares (units).
The tax is calculated based on the following:
- normative-monetary assessment of land plots taking into account the indexation coefficient determined in accordance with the procedure established by this section;
- areas of land, the normative monetary valuation of which has not been carried out.
We note that decisions on the normative monetary valuation of land plots are officially made public by the relevant local government body before July 15 of the year preceding the budget period in which the normative monetary valuation of land or changes is planned (planning period). Otherwise, the norms of the relevant decisions are applied no earlier than the beginning of the budget period following the planning period.
Land Tax Rates
Tax rates for land plots, the normative monetary valuation of which is carried out is set at no more than 3 percent of their normative monetary valuation:
- for common lands - not more than 1 percent of their normative monetary value;
- for agricultural land - not less than 0.3 percent and not more than 1 percent of their normative monetary value;
- for forest lands - not more than 0.1 percent of their normative monetary value.
Land tax rates for land plots whose normative monetary valuation has not been carried out:
- on land plots located outside populated areas or within populated areas, shall be established in the amount of not more than 5 percent of the normative monetary value per unit area of arable land in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or in the region;
- for agricultural land - not less than 0.3 percent and not more than 5 percent of the normative monetary assessment of the unit area of arable land in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or in the region;
- for forest lands - not more than 0.1 percent of the normative monetary assessment of the area of arable land in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or in the region.
Period and basis for accruals
The base tax (reporting) period for land payments is a calendar year beginning on January 1 and ending on December 31 of the same year (for newly created enterprises and organizations, as well as in connection with the acquisition of ownership and / or use of new land plots less than 12 months).
The basis for calculating land tax is the data of the state land cadastre.
The central executive authorities implementing the state policy in the field of land relations and in the field of state registration of rights to real estate, in the field of construction, monthly, but no later than the 10th day of the next month, as well as at the request of the appropriate supervisory authority at the location of the land plot, provide the information necessary for accrual and payment for land, in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
Legal entities that pay land tax independently calculate the amount of tax annually as of January 1 and, no later than February 20 of the current year, submit a tax return for the current year to the appropriate supervisory authority at the location of the land plot in the form established by the procedure provided for in Article 46 of this Code, with a breakdown of the annual amount in equal parts by month.